- Arts and crafts
- Watching movies
- Going to the beach
We are required to screen all potential Big Sisters. The application process is designed to prepare our Big Sisters for their new role as a mentor, and to ensure the safety of our Little Sisters. Mentoring is not for everyone and this process allows you to decide if mentoring is right for you.
Big Sisters must have a car, insurance, good driving record, undergo criminal background check and commit a minimum of four hours per month for a minimum one-year commitment.
Begin the process today:
- Schedule an orientation by contacting Monette Leyva at email@example.com
- Fill out a Big Sister Application
- Scan the completed application and email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
PO Box 161218
San Diego, Ca 92176
- Three written reference letters, which should include;
- Relationship to you
- Length of time known
- Why they believe you would make a great big sister
- A copy of your driving record
- Criminal background check. Information on where to obtain this will be provided.
- Attend a training
After this process is complete, we match you with a Little Sister based on your location, age preference and interests.
Still have questions about the application process?
Email the Program Coordinator at email@example.com or leave a message at 619-297-1135. We will get back to you shortly.